The truck bay floors in the Lisburn Community Fire Company have recently been sealed and painted by Stronghold Floors, Mechanicsburg. Check out the excellent job they did:
Although the paint appears turquoise on the pictures, it is actually green.
From Stronghold’s web site, here’s what the bays looked like before they began their work:
Now that is one major upgrade!
Thanks also go out to John Gross & Company for its generous donation of a trailer to store all items normally located in the truck bays. We couldn’t have upgraded our facility without your help. Thank you!
A recent visit to the KME plant shows some solid progress on the new Min-Pumper made possible by a generous donation from Lower Allen Township.
Constructed on a Ford F-550 4×4 chassis and featuring a four-door crew cab, the Mini-Pumper will sport a 500 gallon-per-minute Hale pump-and-roll pump. The truck will be able to knock down brush fires, respond to residential fires, or go wherever is needed in southern Lower Allen Township or surrounding communities.
Delivery from KME is expected by the end of December, 2014.
It’s Turkey Time!
Make sure to arrive early on Sunday, Nov. 9 for the annual fall turkey dinner at the Lisburn Community Fire Company. The meal begins at 11 a.m., and will last until we run out of the delicious home roasted turkey.
The meal comes with all the fixings, including stuffing and mashed potatoes, gravy, cranberry sauce, corn, and all the coffee and tea you want. Homemade desserts round out the meal, with selections ranging from pumpkin to fruit pies to chocolate cakes.
One donation of $10, or $4.25 for children ages four to 10, gets you a hearty serving or two. Still hungry after clearing your plate twice? Please make an additional donation to enjoy a third helping.
So, come one, come all, but don’t come late. We’ve planned for another record-setting dinner, but we’ll certainly exhaust the turkey supply before 2 p.m.
See you on the 9th!
The Lisburn Community Fire Company is looking forward to seeing all the ghosts and goblins, princesses and witches, on Thursday, Oct. 30 when it assists the Lower Allen Fire Department with the annual Trick or Treat festivities.
Image courtesy of Westfield Fire Department. http://westfieldfire.com/2012/10/31/westfield-firefighters-go-trick-or-treating/
Firefighters and volunteers will help hand out pizza from the company’s engine and tanker at various locations in Lisburn and Lower Allen Township. The event will run from 6 to 8 p.m. on the 30th and include the following locations:
Additional information can be found on the Lower Allen Township website.
Work is underway on the new KME Mini Pumper, with delivery expected by the end of 2014.
To be built on a Ford F-550 4×4 chassis and l featuring a four-door crew cab, the Mini Pumper will sport a 500 gallon-per-minute Hale pump-and-roll pump. The truck will be able to knock down brush fires, respond to residential fires, or go wherever is needed in southern Lower Allen Township or surrounding communities.
KME has provided some early build photos. Check back soon for more updates.
On Sunday, October 12, 2014, Lisburn Community Fire Company will host a BBQ Chicken and Rib Dinner at 1800 Main Street, Lisburn. We will serve from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., and cost is $10 for adults. Children 4-10 years old eat for $4.25.
In addition to barbecue chicken and ribs we will serve baked potatoes, baked beans, cole slaw, rolls, drinks, and homemade desserts. Visit our display by Members in celebration of our 60th anniversary!
Thanks to everyone who comes to our dinners and other events.
Thanks to all the hard work done by our fabulous volunteers – pictured above – and for all the wonderful folks who joined us Saturday for our fourth annual Gun Raffle produced in collaboration with the Lower Allen Township Fire Department. We make a great team.
If you weren’t able to join us at the event, the list of winning ticket numbers is below. Congratulations if you’re holding one of these tickets.
In accordance with event rules, please connect with us as soon as possible at (717) 766-3994 or by email within 30 days of the raffle to claim your prize.
PRIZE – WINNING TICKET #
$500.00 GRAND PRIZE – 736
42” TV – 1066
42” TV – 196
1ST – 208
2ND – 280
3RD – 767
4TH – 444
5TH – 356
6TH – 14
7TH – 780
8TH – 1144
9TH – 1027
10TH – 1176
11TH – 211
12TH – 1065
13TH – 915
14TH – 809
15TH – 195
16TH – 1046
17TH – 56
18TH – 190
19TH – 581
20TH – 1033
Watch for news later about the 2015 event.
You still have time to purchase tickets for the fourth annual Gun Raffle the Lisburn Community Fire Company, 1800 Main St., Mechanicsburg, co-sponsored by LCFC and the Lower Allen Township Fire Department.
On Saturday, Sept. 20, join us as we raffle off 20 guns at this four-hour event. Tickets cost $20 for one, or $100 for six.
For tickets, please contact us by email or by phone at (717) 610-4824. Additionally, tickets are available from LCFC and LATFD firefighters.
One gun from the following list will be raffled every 15 minutes, and you do not need to be present to win.
- BERSA THUNDER, 22 SEMI-AUTO 10 RD MAG ($200)
- BOND ARMS SNAKE CHARMER; .45 COLT/410 GA; 4.25” BBL; STAINLESS; 2-SHOT DERRINGER ($250)
- CZ BOBWHITE SXS SHOTGUN; 12 GA; 26” BBLS; 3” CHAMBERS; ENGLISH STYLE STOCK; DBL TRIGGERS; 5 CHOKES; BLUE & WALNUT ($200)
- GLOCK 26 GEN4 MICRO COMPACT DA AUTO; 9MM; 3.46” BBL; POLYMER ($200)
- JR SEMI-AUTO CARBINE; .40 S&W; 16” BBL; SLIDING STOCK; ACCEPTS STD. GLOCK MAGS ($200)
- MOSSBERG 835 ULTI-MAG TURKEY SLIDE ACTION SHOTGUN; 12 GA.; 24” BBL; CAMO; VENT RIB; FIBER-OPTIC SIGHT; PORTED ($175)
- REMINGTON 572 BDL DELUXE SLIDE ACTION RIFLE; .22LR; 21” BBL. BLUE, WOOD ($175)
- REMINGTON 700 SPS STAINLESS BOLT RIFLE; .270 WINC.; 24” BBL; SYN. STOCK ($200)
- REMINGTON EXPRESS LAMINATED 870 SLIDE ACTION SHOTGUN; 12 GA; 26”; REM-CHOKE MOD; FLAT BLACK & LAM ($150)
- RUGER SUPER BLACKHAWK SIN. ACTION REVOLVER; .44 MAG.; STAINLESS; 5 ½” BBL ($250)
- ROSSI 92 LEVER ACTION RIFLE; .38/.357 MAG.; 20” BBL; 10 RD. MAG; WOOD STOCK ($250)
- RUGER 10/22 TAKEDOWN SEMI-AUTO RIFLE; .22LR; 18 ½” BBL; STAINLESS BBL; BLACK SYN ($200)
- SAVAGE 93 BTVS BOLT RIFLE; .17 HMR; 21” BBL; BROWN LAM. STOCK; HVY. BBL; ACCU TRIGGER ($200)
- SAVAGE AXIS XP CAMO HUNTING PACKAGE; .30-06; 22” BBL; BUSHNELL 3-9X SCOPE ($200)
- SAVAGE MARK II-FSS BOLT RIFLE; .22 LR; 22” STAINLESS BBL; POLYMER STOCK; SIGHTS; 10 RD MAG; ACCU TRIGGER ($175)
- SIG SAUER MOSQUITO .22; 3.9” BBL; GREEN FRAME ($200)
- SIG SAUER P229 DA AUTO; .40 S&W; 3.9” BBL; ANODIZED FRAME; BLACKENED STAINLESS SLIDE ($250)
- TAURUS JUDGE PUBLIC DEFENDER; .410/.45 COLT; 2.5” CYL; STAINLESS ($250)
- THOMPSON/CENTER ARMS CONTENDER PISTOL; .45 COLT/.410 GA; 12” BBL; BLUE & WALNUT ($250)
- WEATHERBY UPLAND SLIDE ACTION SHOTGUN; 12 GA; 28” BBL; 3” CHAM.; 3 CHOKE TUBES; BLUE & WALNUT ($250)
Additionally, the following prizes will be available in fish bowl drawings for additional donations during the event:
1. REMINGTON SEVEN CDL BOLT RIFLE; .243 WINC.; 20” BLUED BBL; WALNUT STOCK ($250)
2. RUGER M77 HAWKEYE SPORTER BOLT RIFLE; .30-06; 22” SS BBL; BLACK SYNTHETIC STOCK ($250)
Additional raffle prizes include two 42” LED TVs and a $500 grand prize.
Full raffle rules are available here for download.
Remember, for tickets, please contact us by email or by phone at (717) 610-4824.
So much accomplished was, our heads are still spinning. We hope the BSSF
team had an interesting and fun day.
Thanks also to our members gave their time and toil to help. We couldn’t have done it without:
- Tanya Eimberbrink
- Angela Trimmer
- Brian Ariano
- Josh Keller
- Steve Trimmer
- Elaine Cady
- Steve Cady
- Tom Banks
- Mary Ellen Banks